Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Glazed.

So, I thought I would conform to the masses and get a blog. Because I like the way it looks, and I needed somewhere to record my huge feelings because I just don't have enough paper. You cut me, I bleed ink. That's one of mine. Well, one of Howard Moon's, actually...

I was thinking today in my American Lit 2 class, when my teacher was talking about how you can tell what people are like from how they wear their watch. How can you though? All these aptitude tests people take, how do people come up with the definitive answer? Why does everything have to mean anything? Why can't it just be?

Like William Carlos Williams for example. Some people may not class him as a poet, but The Red Wheelbarrow or XXII was a great moment in American Literature, yes, for revoultionising the structural type of the poem and making it a typical American poem but let's just leave it at that shall we... The colour imagery is an American flag. And it doesn't have to be anything more than that, like communism or anything ridiculous like that. It just is. What's interesting that while the poem creates this beautiful image in my mind, the only word, according to Wikipedia (I know) that is purely for aesthetic purposes is glazed. Which makes me think of a doughnut.

so much depends
upon
a red wheel
barrow
glazed with rain
water
beside the white
chickens.

Listening now -

Armand Van Helden - I Want Your Soul (Fake Blood remix)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...