Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Uninspired

This is the pits.

Is this what writer's block feels like? I feel like there is a big, fuzzy blob or cloud in my head (right behind my  left eyebrow, to be specific), and it is prohibiting me from thinking or doing anything productive. And caused me to write the last post...

Well, the environment is not overly inspiring, for a start. I keep meaning to listen to some BSM bands but this largely similar cover of 'Got to Have your Love' by Liberty X is having a snake-charmer effect on me and I am swaying from side to side, with a largely self-pitying look on my face, thinking about the consequences of staying in this room forever and becoming a fully-fledged hermit. Of course, there would be many obstacles to overcome, such as the perpetual presence of my parents, the lack of lock on this door and the fact that I might get quite hungry for the rest of my life...

That's better. Switched to Hold Your Horse Is' similar artists on last.fm, and already, I am starting to feel more alive... Blakfish came on (one of the best performances I have ever seen from a band, which is previously blogged about here) and I knew that my inspiration was on its way back. Ish. Now I must cling onto this thought long enough to muster up the energy to wash the dishes (inspiration, thy name is fairy liquid).

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...