Friday, March 4, 2011

Custard

Milano's by girlscoutuplate

When I have a spare hour or two, I tend to wander into Costa Coffee and write. The average ramble will be two pages long and consist mainly of clutching at straws for inspiration, usually my surroundings (largely the same as I always go to Costa and it is always empty).

However, this time I decided to break with tradition and go to Caffe Milano down the road and have a coffee and a pastry. The coffee was... ok, but the pastry was sublime: a custard danish. I cannot eat much of sweet stuff but I could easily develop a custard obsession. Just sweet enough, yellow, creamy and inviting... I could drink it straight out of the carton. I would slather it on my chips (it would probably be less repulsive than it sounds, have you ever HAD chips and ice cream?) I could write reams about it.

Actually, I can't. But here are some pictures of custard and custard-related articles.





No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...