Tuesday, March 1, 2011

I'm in the mood for dancing...

There is nothing funnier than to watch people dancing in public. I imagine it is equally, if not more, funny to watch me dancing in public, but that's another story (I'd rather not imagine that, far too embarrassing). There are several different tribes, of course, and several different stages of inebriation in ratio do dancing. For instance, some people will dance like fools no matter what; and others' dancing style will deteriorate significantly with each drink sipped / downed. Which is the lesser of two evils, however? To be observed, madly flailing and looking like you are having the time of your life, or controlled, non-ironic robotics?

Dubstep is possibly the funniest style of music to witness dancing to. The scene: in a club, centre dance floor. The music: something by... skream?! A familiar cheer goes up, and backsides are stuck out, hands are contorted and flung out, bodies are crouched and heads are bowed... Something like this, but a little less blurry:


Not that I am completely adverse to all dubstep. I am not even a complete 'hater', it just looks... well, really stupid, yet entirely self-conscious. Oh, and the best bit is if you witness this in a club, when the dancers form a complete circle, kind of like moshing, but with more arms and less heads.

Personally, I favour 'ironic dancing' (the upshot is much the same, but I claim that I look like a twat on purpose).

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...