Friday, April 1, 2011

Day #22: Living Without TV

It just occurred to me. I haven't watched TV for a week. To be perfectly honest, I hadn't really noticed until I thought about it just now. I mean, I've missed new 30 Rock, Glee, Secret Diary of a Call Girl (though frankly, I haven't been overly impressed with this series - ITV should have known when to stop! And where did Bambi and Byron go without as much as a sniff!?), Take Me O- oh no, that's over now. I mean, what will I do with my Saturdays now, I mean, I'll have to go out and see people (and talk about Take Me Out being over).


But it's weird, I watched a lot of TV comparatively when I was home, mainly because I was unemployed and very good at procrastinating (of course, I still managed to do everything else, cough cough). I thought I would miss it more, but I have only just thought about it. The main thing I miss is relaxing, and not thinking about anything (I actually have to think all the time now, who'da thought?).


It's actually very liberating, not watching TV (or anything for that matter - films too). Maybe not telly is not such a  bad thing as first thought, it's probably just the companionship of watching it with someone else, or maybe the blatant escapism to someone else's crappy life, or perhaps it's merely witnessing the excitement of well... someone else's excitement. Now, however, I am very busy and important and don't have time for that.

Well, there is a large backlog of stuff to watch on Sky + when I get home this weekend...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...