Saturday, April 2, 2011

Day #23: Watch a Really Girly Gilm

I am not ashamed to admit that Bring it On is one of my favourite films. Ever. Every (girl, at least) has a favourite film that they watched many, many times in that crucial stage of growing up, learnt about life from it, that kinda thing. Bring it On and Mean Girls are two of the films that I watched constantly as a child. Thinking back, they didn't really teach me that much about life, but they did provide me with endless hours of entertainment and the ability to quote pretty much every line whilst watching.

The best thing about Bring it On is that everyone (despite protestations) will enjoy it, whether it be for Eliza Dukshu or Jesse Bradford (who I maintain is even better looking with his crooked smile), OR the cheers - obviously the best part of the film (which 3/4 of my siblings know EVERY word to: be. agressive. be. be. agressive). It combines humour with catchy dance routines (which even boys find hard to resist doing). What is not to love? Standout bits: spirit fingers, that amazing girl from Blaque with the attitude and the auditions. I feel as if this review is biased... I can't really think of what I don't like about it though...

Just watch it. Don't bother watching four (four? Really?) straight-to-video sequels though, they look shit and have none of the original cast in - which begs the question, is it really a sequel?

Perhaps I've said too much...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...